You will need to set up an account with Twilio before enabling the SMS feature of PicPic Social ec. Twilio is a service that will allow users to send their event photos to themselves using PicPic Social via SMS (text messaging) This guide will walk you through setting up both your Twilio account and your event settings with PicPic Social ec.
- $1 per month for each number
- $.02 for each text sent
*This guide assumes that you have already registered for a pixity booth account, if not please click here
- Sign up for Twilio & Obtain Number
- Upgrade your Twilio Account
- Enable Text messaging in pixity booth
- Copy Twilio Credentials into PicPic Social
1. Sign up for Twilio
1. Click here to sign up for Twilio. Then click on ‘sign up’
Fill out your personal information and create a log in for Twilio.
- Company name
- Product use – MMS
- Building – Your choice of response here
- Language- I am not a developer
Click ‘GET STARTED’!
- Enter your phone number
- Click here if you want to receive a verification text
- Click here if you want to receive a phone call instead
- Once you receive your verification code please enter it here
- Enter the captcha
- Welcome to your Twilio dashboard!
- Click on ‘Buy a Number’
You will now be able to choose your Twilio number.
- Type in your area code or location
Click ‘Search’ and choose one of the numbers that is populated for use
Congratulations! You now have a Twilio number!
2. Upgrade your Twilio account
- Click on the account drop down
- Click on ‘upgrade now’
Enter your payment information
- Decide using the drop down which amount you want to credit to the account
- Enable this check box for auto re charge
Click ‘upgrade account’
Once your account is live you can obtain your credentials.
Click on the ‘Home’ option
- Click on ‘Dashboard’
- Obtain your ‘Account SID’
- Click to obtain your ‘Account TOKEN’
3. Enable Text messaging in pixity booth
Log into your pixity booth dashboard here
- Enter your email
- Enter your password
Click ‘Sign in’!
4. Copy Twilio credentials into the event dashboard
Scroll down to your ‘Event Sharing Options’
- Enable Text messaging by clicking on the check box
Right under the check box you enabled for text messaging you will see this box pop up.
- Copy and paste your Twilio SID
- Copy and paste your Twilio Auth Token
- Copy and paste your Twilio number
- Enter your choice of message that your guests will receive when they receive their text messaged event photo
- update the event!